6.29.2006

Trails and Blues...

So last night I met up with Nedra for a 4 mile trail run on the Greenbelt. It was really shaded, quiet, pretty rocky (I nearly fell a couple of times, but didn't pull a Gordon this week ;)) and just a lot of fun. In fact, it was so much fun that Nedra, Gordon and I are going to start making this a weekly event. I felt pretty good out there, considering that I'm still recovering from BSLT on Sunday. We splashed around in Barton Springs for a while afterwards, just to cool down. Gordon met us at the pool and we walked over to Zilker park afterwards and met up with Marla and Kent, and listened to some Blues on the Green. It was a gorgeous evening, great company, and we had an awesome spread of food and wine. The music was good, but kind of incidental because we were all talking and laughing so much! Last night is what makes living in Austin so great - fantastic friends, Barton Springs / Greenbelt, and events like Blues on the Green...

No comments: