1.17.2007

Foxy


After worrying that we'd drunk all the wine in the house over the past couple of days while we've been stuck at home due to the winter storm... tonight we found a bottle of Vixen in the fridge, woo hoo! I can't believe we forgot it was there, it was that well hidden!

Vixen is the most delicious and unusual wine you'll ever have. It is a sparkling shiraz. Red wine with bubbles!

It is made by the winery Fox Creek, which is located in the McLaren Vale, South Australia, about a 45 minute drive from my parent's house. We went there last February when we were in Australia and stocked up big, luckily they're all under lock and key in my Dad's cellar otherwise I'm sure the entire stash would have been drunk by now...

Vixen goes down so easily that it feels like you've only had about three sips and the entire bottle is gone. I wish I had two, no wait, I wish I had six bottles!

"A powerful style of wine, it oozes opulent blackberry, licorice and chocolate flavours and has a lingering semi-dry finish."


For those of you in Austin, you can buy it at Central Market, Whole Foods, Grapevine Market... it's not that difficult to find, just difficult to keep in the house!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How trusting, are you sure that we have left some Vixen in the cellar - very nice drop!!!
love mum and dad