2.16.2007

Barton Springs?

I completely piked out this morning and didn't swim in Barton Springs. It really was too cold, and dark! If I didn't have a 9am meeting I would have maybe gone around 7-7:30, but the idea of swimming at 6:15 on my own, in the dark and cold, was why I didn't go. Also, I'm just soft.

So now I'm going to have to make time Saturday afternoon to go swimming at BS, after my 75mi bike ride. At least the weather looks better - high of 67F and plenty of sunshine, so if I get there around 4pm all will be good.

On a positive note, I churned out an easy 41min 5mi run before our tough as guts T3 trainer ride last night. Total workout time was close to 2:15. I seem to be doubling up my workouts more this week, instead of spreading them out, one per day, with a double on Thursday. It gives me more "off" days which I love! So tomorrow is a 75mi ride + 1.25h swim, followed by a 20mi run on Sunday. The weather looks great this weekend - sunny and relatively warm!

Also, while I have been bitching about the weather, I think I have definitely built up more of a tolerance to the cold. I see people coming in to work with humongous jackets, scarves, gloves... and they have only walked 50m from the car to the building! Crazy.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Am I nuts? I read "I'm going to B/S Saturday afternoon" and i think "Amanda, call me - I'll go with you!"

Which, I would in a second, if I wasn't working the marathon booth. Though maybe I can get out of it... Hmmm....