6.29.2008

IM back

Gordon sent me this cartoon strip on Friday. I thought it would be a fitting way to re-start this blog. Especially considering that I will be participating in "Australian Rules football in a washing machine" in slightly less than 3 weeks! It's a good thing my Dad is an Australian Rules football coach and that I grew up around football, learning how to use my elbows, etc. Good skills to have come July 20th in Lake Placid.

The training has been quite different this time around. To start with, I don't know of anyone else in Austin who is doing this race. Very different from the 30+ people that I went to Arizona with last year! So the training has been very solitary this time - I've had people to train with but never anyone doing my exact long ride and long run combination over the weekend, and no-one else to gauge my progress against. But I feel strong and ready and excited to do this race. Training through the heat, while very very tough, has only made me stronger, and I can't wait for cooler temperatures on race day! The very best part is that Gordon and Kate will both be in Lake Placid cheering me on! I can't wait.

4 comments:

MW said...

She's Alive!!!!

Like I said before at the springs, best of luck at LP! You'll do great!

Amanda said...

Thanks Mike! Congrats on reaching 100 miles this week, that is so awesome. Hope you're taking it easy for the rest of today...

Amy said...

Hi, you don't know me, but I stalk your blog (well, I would if you ever posted anything) by way of Erin's blog. Just wanted to say that I'll be out at Lake Placid, and if I see you out there, I'll introduce myself so you'll have one more person out there cheering for you. :)

Erin said...

I'm glad you are back, Amanda!! Hopefully I will start running in to you at workouts, too. :)