7.08.2008

Bike and bag ready to go...

I have so many lists on the go right now:

1. Packing list for TriBike transport. They're taking my bike and one bag up to the race - they actually drive it in their big 'ol truck, saving me the hassle of having to take it apart and fly with my big bike box. The bag is full of a bunch of stuff - electrolytes, running shoes, spare tubes, CO2 to inflate my tires if I flat during the bike, bike tools to change a tire, bottles filled with suspicious white powdery substance that I probably shouldn't be flying with (it's only CarboPro - my nutrition - nothing to worry about, no performance edge for me there!), spare goggles, etc... as many things as I could pack. Some things I still need up until the race - like my bike shoes and bike helmet. Luckily I have a road bike so that I can keep riding while my race-ready, fast-looking tri bike is on its way to Lake Placid!

2. Packing list for race day. Swim stuff, T1 bag (swim to bike transition), bike special needs bag (for halfway during the bike - they put it out for you on the course and you generally pack it with things you may have run out of - like spare tubes, or if you dropped a bottle of nutrition - or something you might be really craving, like sour cream and onion pringles for me, or maybe a vegemite sandwich ;), T2 bag (bike to run transition), run special needs bag, and don't forget the post-race bag!

3. Packing list for all the things I'll need for the race minus the items already packed in my bag that shipped with TriBike.

4. General packing list for the weekend. Also keeping in mind that it is going to be cooler up there - like 25 degrees F cooler, yay!

5. Location list for where to find my marbles, in case they get lost in the coming days.

Time for bed I think...

1 comment:

Mark said...

Hand carry with you your absolute essentials that you really, really don't want lost? For me that's: bike shoes + pedals, running shoes, race uniform. Anything else can be replaced and raced in, and so put in TBT bag and/or checked luggage. Just a thought.

Woohoo, a confidence boosting final weekend workout under your belt, you are ready. Bring it on!