8.08.2006

Correction... 1st in age group, 2nd woman overall!

My coach emailed me this morning to congratulate me on my age group win at the Blanco triathlon this past Saturday... win? What is she talking about, I came 2nd in my age group, didn't I? Hmmm... maybe I should double check the results and see if something has changed... Yup, I'm now listed as winning my age group and the previous winner is marked as "DNF" (Did Not Finish). But why did she go from winning to DNF? So I emailed Raul (the owner of the chip timing company) and discovered that the woman was actually a no-show and a male friend of hers accidentally wore her chip... oops!


So... that means that I actually WON my age group last Saturday and finished 2nd overall among the women. That's my 2nd age group win this year! Woo-hoo! I'll be turning pro soon, ha ha ha.

It's funny, because at the awards ceremony the race organizer accidentally gave me the gold medal instead of the silver, but then realised his mistake and gave me the silver. If only he'd known at the time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Conragtulations!!! I can't wait to see your name in print as a Pro Triathlete and I can say I use to train with her back when she was an age grouper!