9.04.2006

Gordon "Got Chicked"

Gordon and I did the "Jack's Generic" triathlon today. It was our last opportunity to do a triathlon this year and we decided to race each other. The last time we really raced each other was at the Splash triathlon in 2002 and Gordon beat me by 38s (I was fastest during the swim and run portions, Gordon was fastest during the bike). That was the most fun race we've done because we got to start at the same time. Today Gordon started 6 minutes ahead of me so it was a little harder for both of us to gauge where the other person was on the course. The only time we saw each other was on the run course and by then it was still pretty close! But I did it. I chicked Gordon today! By 1 minute and 38s!

Amanda - 1:17:24
Gordon - 1:19:02
*these times are adjusted for the 6 minute head start

Again, I was fastest on the swim and run but only ever so slightly slower on the bike (21.1mph compared to Gordon's 21.3mph). It was a great race. We both had fantastic races and felt really strong and fast. A great end to the tri season! I also managed to win my age group again (W30-34). I must be doing something right I guess... although I still need to work on my running!

We've both had a really good tri season this year and we ended on a really positive note (well, I did at least! :)). Next up for both of us will be Ironman Arizona in April 2007. We start training for that in mid-October and I'm really looking forward to it! But I also can't wait for some downtime in September, and Austin City Limits, and our trip to Australia for Kate and Tim's wedding. Oh, and I also can't wait for the cooler weather. Bring it on!

2 comments:

MW said...

Congrats!!! After the FILA relays, a 7 mile run saturday morning and the UT game(lots of standing), I couldn't move my legs. I'm amazed you guys went out and did a TRI! wow!

Anonymous said...

Congrats again Amanda!! You are turning into a regular on the podium!! Way to end the race season.