9.06.2006

My goal for September

... is to do 10 full push-ups!

Don't laugh, but it's true.

I can do a half ironman, I can win my age group in a sprint triathlon, I can do an 8mi bike time trial @ 22.7mph (aiming for 23mph in the next TT!), I can run 2.5 miles @ 7:25 per mile, I can swim a length of a 25m pool without taking a breath and doing it hardcore style (no arms, only kicking). But I CAN"T DO MORE THAN 1 REGULAR, NON-GIRLY PUSH-UP!

Embarrassing, I know.

Solution: Gordon is going to make me get up every morning during the month of September and do push-ups. First, a warm-up set of 10 on my knees, then one set of regular push-ups to failure (currently I'm at 1!), then another set of regular push-ups to failure. The final check-in date is September 29th, the day we leave for Australia. I WILL do 10 regular push-ups on this day!

No comments: