10.18.2006

Soulless

I think my soul is still floating over the Pacific somewhere.

"She knows, now, absolutely, hearing the white noise that is London, that Damien's theory of jet lag is correct: that her mortal soul is leagues behind her, being reeled in on some ghostly umbilical down the vanished wake of the plane that brought her here, hundreds of thousands of feet above the Atlantic. Souls can't move that quickly, and are left behind, and must be awaited, upon arrival, like lost luggage."*

Okay, so I flew over the Pacific and I'm not in London... but I hope it returns soon coz this little Aussie needs a decent night's sleep!


*From the book "Pattern Recognition" by William GIbson

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

maybe if you drink some wine you'll get slpeey... oh wait... nevermind, you left that in Aussieland.