11.29.2006

Ironman Arizona training - week 4

4 weeks down. 20 weeks to go.

This week was always going to be tough to meet the planned hours, especially considering that not only was it the week of Thanksgiving and a 5 day trip to Florida for us, but also because our coaches decided to raise the number of workout hours to 11, oh and not to mention the killer hill repeat workout to start the week off! Crikey.

Anyway, I gave it my best shot. I managed to swim once. I biked twice, once on the trainer and once on the Veloway. I ran 3 times, one brutal hill workout on Wilke plus tempo afterwards, one leisurely run along South Beach in Florida, and one 5K PR! So my hours weren't terribly high and I missed a long bike and long run, but I knew that would happen and I'm just really pleased that I stayed focused and ran while I was away in Florida. The surprising thing was how much I actually wanted to run while I was away. The alcohol certainly didn't help the running, but it didn't dampen my enthusiasm! I guess I musn't have drunk enough, tee hee.

Goal hours: 11
Actual hours: 5.83

So I at least made 50% of the workouts!

Bike: 1.75hrs / 32 miles
Run: 2.58hrs / 16.75 miles
Swim: 1.25hrs / 3300 yards
Core: 0.25hrs

This week the bar has been raised again, to 13.5 hours. That's a lot of swimming, cycling and running!

No comments: