11.06.2006

mutton

Let me preface this post with a big thank you to Mike for:
(1) letting us buy his spare tickets at a good price,
(2) inviting us to his tailgating party,
(3) his helpful explanation of American football rules during the game,
(4) being such a super nice, understanding, friend.

(I don't think I'll ever be invited again once he reads this post!)

The game itself is boring and slow. It took 3.5 hours to get through 60 minutes of actual play time!!! I prefer a more continuous game of sport such as Australian Rules football or Soccer. Cricket, which to many people is slow and boring (it can take 5 days to play an entire game), runs at light speed compared to American football! It's the stop, start, stop, start of American football that is the most frustrating part. I enjoyed parts of the game when someone started running with the ball and got a touchdown. That was fun. I also enjoyed the atmosphere of the crowd and the on-field entertainment provided by the band, cheerleaders, gymnastics team, mascots, cheerleaders, etc. But no matter how much you dress up and accessorize it, mutton will always be mutton.

The part I enjoyed the most? The tailgating before the game.


No comments: