11.01.2006

standing ovations

Back on the topic of standing ovations... the show I saw last night really did deserve one!

Last night was Halloween and Gordon and I went with some friends to see "The Rocky Horror Show" at the Zachary Scott Theatre. It was a live production, not the movie. It was quite an experience!

I've seen parts of the movie before, a long time ago and at home. I thought it was an odd movie but I think I fell asleep halfway through (or my parents stopped me watching it, I can't remember?!) and so I never really gave it much thought. I had no idea that there was this whole other world of Rocky Horror fans, and that when you see the movie or watch the stage show, people actually join in by shouting out lines and throwing items onto the stage! It was crazy fun and I had such a good time and laughed for nearly the whole show. Everyone stood up and danced to the "Time Warp"! People shouted things out, threw toast, confetti, squirted water pistols... it was also a special Halloween showing so about half the crowd were dressed up in Halloween costumes. It was great fun and I think I have my costume sorted for Halloween next year...

The show is on until November 12th. Go and see it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's do the the time warp agaaiggaaiinnn......