12.19.2006

Christmas Pudding and Mince Pies

We had a White Elephant exchange at the T3 party on Sunday night. I managed to pick up a gear organizer for my car. Gordon managed to pick up a British-style Christmas pudding... which to my delight no-one wanted to steal!

(With a White Elephant exchange everyone brings a gift and picks out a number to indicate the order in which they can pick a gift. When it's your turn you can either (a) choose an unopened present and open it, or (b) steal a present from someone who has gone before you.)

It was funny. People kept walking by and offering their sympathy about Gordon's present, but I actually love Christmas pudding! Pour some warm vanilla custard on top and it is just so yummy.

This morning I got nostalgic for mince pies and Gordon has promised to make me a dozen mince pies tonight when he gets home!

Christmas pudding and mince pies... it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm a bad husband. I didn't make the mince pies.

In my defense, I did buy all the ingredients and am posed to swing in to action. Just if I make them now, Amanda will eat them all before Christmas.

LoneStarCrank said...

Now we just need some cooler weather to make it 'feel' like Christmas here in Austin.

Merry Christmas

MW said...

why do you mince the pies?
what's the point in eating crumbles?

Unknown said...

I wanted to puree them and have a smoothie, but was vetoed. I'm always getting over-ruled.

MW said...

Gordon, sounds like you should have gone to the red dress run by the number of times you get veto'ed.

do I hear a new resolution in there? Less vetos?

Amanda said...

Gordon doesn't get to decide his New Years Resolutions!

Seriously boys, I am really just kidding. I have no control over Gordon whatsoever. Okay maybe a little, but only when he lets me :)

By the way, I have eaten 5.5 mince pices in 2 days. There are none left. Gordon has to make more. I have a podgy belly to rival Santa Claus!