12.18.2006

IM Arizona Week 7: Hardest workout yet

7 weeks down, 17 weeks to go.

Week 7 was our first rest week in the training program. I definitely needed it! However, it turned out that I enjoyed the rest week more from a mental perspective than a physical perspective. Mentally it was great to free up some evenings, have some cocktails, go out for dinner, relax, sleep in, but physically some of the easy workouts were tough! I had a shit of a run on Friday - it was only 40 minutes long but I hated every minute of it, even though I was running with my new iPod Nano! Oh well, not every run can feel good, unfortunately.

Saturday we did a relatively short 2 hour ride around the South MoPac area, trying to maintain Ironman bike pace, which for me is around 18mph. I held the pace and felt pretty good.

Sunday we had our first test - a 20mi/10mi brick (see previous post). I'm very happy with the progress I'm making towards my April goal.

I made my hours this week!

Goal hours: 8.5
Actual hours: 8.5

Bike: 3.25hrs / 59 miles
Run: 4hrs / 24.5 miles
Swim: 1.25hrs / 3300 yards

3 comments:

MW said...

I don't want to do an IM.
you're more than i'll ever be.

Unknown said...

more what though ? More insane ? More in need of being locked up ?
more what ?

MW said...

She's an Aussie... aren't they just plain more?