1.11.2007

A good workout

Tonight I had a really good workout. First I ran for 30 minutes on the Town Lake trail and I felt great, like I've finally almost recovered from the 20mi run on Sunday. I love running the trail just after work on a weekday, especially Thursday night, when there aren't too many running groups out there and it's mostly just recreational joggers. I get to pass people and feel like I'm some super fast runner. It's great!

Then I met up with the T3 gang and we did a 1:20 indoor trainer ride. The music theme for tonight was techno. Not the best compilation, but there were a few good songs in there. It brought back a few memories of going to Heaven (the nightclub) when I was 17! During cooldown the music changed up a little and we got to hear some "Eye of the Tiger". That made me think of the music tapes that Dad and I used to put together to help motivate his Aussie Rules football team before a big game... which made me think, maybe I should get my Dad to suggest some motivational songs for my iPod? I could do with some blast from the past songs to inspire me during some of these long workouts!

No comments: