2.27.2007

Going to the vet

I think I now understand why our family cat, Bobby, always shook uncontrollably when we took him to the vet.

Today I had another deep tissue massage. My massage therapist, Lisa, is incredible and truly deserves a strong margarita after our session today! In fact, two, I think. I needed 3 or 4... except that I had to go back to work. Next time I need to schedule this massage on a Friday afternoon before happy hour!

I seriously can not remember ever feeling so much pain before. Maybe when I dis-located my knee about 18 years ago, but that's so long ago I can't remember how much it hurt. If giving birth hurts this much then that is something I will not be signing up for in a hurry!

I really thought that Lisa was scraping searing hot, sharp knives through my muscles. I was sweating and gasping and gripping the sides of the massage table. A few words of profanity were uttered, under my breath of course. I swear I have two or three new wrinkles in my forehead from all the time my face was scrunched up in agony! By the time she'd finished working on my hamstrings and right calf and foot I was literally shaking from head to toe and utterly exhausted. I can only imagine how she must have felt trying to hold me down and work out all of this scar tissue in my muscles! Anyway, it was the whole body shaking that made me think of my cat Bobby and how he would always do this when we took him to the vet. That analogy made us both laugh.

It was oh so painful but oh so needed. Apparently this Ironman training thing is not good for keeping soft, supple muscles. Instead they become hard, rigid and full of scar tissue, unless you are an absolute angel and stretch twice a day and get weekly massages. (No angel on this blog).

I'm going back on Friday.

5 comments:

MW said...

You went to Blogger Beta.
Very nice!

Is this Lisa, then Swann of the northwest hills?? if so, ask her about me, hee hee.

If it is, please note that gripping the table is my move, and you may use it too!

ha!

Amanda said...

Her name is Lisa Ott, is this the same Lisa that worked on you? If so, we can swap stories over beer this weekend at Opal's!

MW said...

Mine is Lisa Swann.
She's fantastic.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]wetter 2004[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]wetter deutschland de[b][/url]

Anonymous said...

Wettervorhersage is a set of all the phenomena occurring in a given atmosphere at a given time. Most weather phenomena occur in the troposphere, just below the stratosphere. weather of refers, generally, to day-to-day temperature and precipitation activity, whereas climate is the term for the average atmospheric conditions over longer periods of time. When used without qualification, "weather" is understood to be the weather of Earth.