2.12.2007

Monday evenings

The past couple of weeks I've made Monday my "off" day from working out, to give myself some R&R after the heavy training weekends we've had recently (100mi rides, 23mi runs, etc.). If I feel like it, I'll go to a yoga class. I did this a few weeks ago and it was great. But tonight I wasn't feeling like yoga, so I stopped and picked up a bottle of red wine on the way home from work. Now I'm just chilling out, drinking a glass of wine, pottering about the house catching up on things, surfing the web, emailing friends and family, chatting on the phone. Gordon's at a portrait photography class tonight at AMOA and it sounds terrible but I am enjoying the time on my own, relaxing at home, not really doing much but feeling very happy and mellow. Next up on the agenda: a hot chocolate and relaxing on the couch to read a magazine that came in the mail today...

3 comments:

Erin said...

Bravo. I think one of my favorite parts of training is the well-earned relaxation night(s).

Hope your hot chocolate was yummy!

MW said...

Amen!!

Amanda said...

Wednesday evening turned out a lot like Monday evening... except we shared a block of chocolate instead of the hot chocolate!