2.11.2007

IMAZ Week 15: Staying focused

15 weeks down, 9 weeks to go. We're in single digit weeks now!!!

This past week it was a bit more challenging to stay focused on the training. Work was more hectic than usual and as a result I found myself feeling a little bit more tired and pressed for time. This is absolutely fine - I'm really enjoying my job and of course it comes first before triathlon training. However, the result was that the Friday morning Barton Springs swim got nixed and replaced with a bit of a lie in. Added to that, on Thursday morning our alarm stuffed up and we woke up at 6:50am... too late to get to swim practice (which finished at 7am!). Quite frankly, I probably could have swum somewhere else but I just didn't have the time last week. However, I did manage to stay focused on achieving my bike hours and most of my run hours.

I also finished my second 100 mile bike ride, this time with hills (we started with the Dam Loop) which made it tougher. It was also a lot colder out there today, I don't think I every really warmed up. However, I did feel really good and full of energy at the end of the ride, so I think the conservative pace and focus on nutrition definitely helped today. This was also my first ride with my race wheels... they are brilliant! Although my average speed was lower than last week, I definitely noticed the difference in effort level with the race wheels. It felt easier to move the bike forward, as it felt like there was less wheel resistance. I don't think they helped much on the hills, in fact they added some weight which made it a tad harder on the hills, but on the flats they were great. Probably part of the reason I felt so good at the end of the ride. Thanks for the wheels Gordon!

Mon - OFF
Tue - Trainer (1.5h)
Wed - Run (0.75h/5mi)
Thu - Trainer (1.25h)
Fri - OFF
Sat - Long Run (8mi/1.25h)
Sun - Long Bike (101mi/6.25h)

Weekly Totals:
Cyling: 9h / 156mi (Goal: 9h)
Running: 2h / 13.4mi (Goal: 2.5h)
Swimming: 0h / 0mi (Goal: 2h)

PS We finally got the roof rack put back on my car... it is SO much more convenient!

3 comments:

MW said...

What do racing wheels look like?

Erin said...

you got racing wheels? sweet!

congrats on your 2nd century - I'm much impressed!!

Unknown said...

I finished the hundred this time, too :)