2.07.2007

Spinervals

Yesterday was one of the most beautiful days we've had in a while. Low 70's sunny, spring-like weather. I really, REally, REALLY wanted to get outside and ride my bike, but I was stuck in meetings all day and although I managed to leave while it was still daylight (which made me want to ride outside even more) I knew that by the time I got home and got out on my bike it was going to be too dark to ride safely.

So, I jumped on the trainer for an hour and a half. I really didn't want to, especially because I was annoyed that I couldn't get outside on my bike, so I decided that I need to do a Spinerval DVD to get me through the workout. I chose the 80min "Time Trialapalooza". It was actually really good. It consisted of 20min rep, 15min rep, 10min rep, and 5min rep (with warm-up, cool-down and rest in between rep's). Each rep we changed into a higher gear, dropped the cadence slightly, and aimed to raise the heart rate another 5bpm's.

It was a surprisingly good workout and, even more surprisingly, the time flew past!

Even though I didn't get to ride outside, I at least got to open some windows :)

2 comments:

MW said...

Explain to me why yu wouldn't just throw your bike in the car, drive 2 mins to the veloway, and ride on the veloway, outdoors, in the sunny, nice, beautiful weather?

Amanda said...

Mike, you obviously don't ride a bike, so shut it and go back to tapering!