3.30.2007

playlists

Next Thursday is going to be our last indoor bike trainer workout before the Ironman, so I'm putting together the playlist to end all playlists. Everyone is sending me their favourite motivational song and I'm going to compile them into a playlist. It's going to be fantastic!

Anyway, so it got me thinking about my own song. I'm not sure what it is yet. Nothing immediately springs to mind - I have a bunch of songs that I love and get me fired up or get me into "that place". But I haven't got my Arizona song yet so I need to work on that.

It did get me thinking about the playlists I used to pull together for my Dad when he was coaching football. He always wanted to have some songs to get the boys fired up before a big game, like a semi-final or grand final. Of course, this was over 15 years ago (streuth, was it really 15 years ago!) so it was all on tape. I would get out the double cassette recorder and record from one tape to another. Ah, the good old days! Anyway, I was remembering some of these songs and browsing YouTube, and I found one of the all time classic football songs - "Up There Cazaly". It's a great song and the video is terrific. If you want to see what Australian football is really like, check it.



Dad - this post is for you!!!

3 comments:

MW said...

Who/What is Cazaly?

Amanda said...

I love wikipedia:
Up There Cazaly is an Australian sporting catchphrase inspired by former St Kilda and South Melbourne great Roy Cazaly.

Anonymous said...

Hello Amanda

REad your Blog but we are unable to see the video.
Is there something special we have to do

Dad