3.27.2007

The weather obsession has begun...

Tonight I went for a run. I'm still building my running back up, but now I also need to consider acclimating to the heat. It's not that hot here in Austin right now - today it hit 80F I think. In Tempe they've already had some 90+ degree days, and the long range forecast shows most days around 90F for the foreseeable future. So it's pretty likely that it's going to be HOT in Tempe for the Ironman. But at least we're lucky here in Austin that we'll have a couple of weeks of warm weather to get us used to it, so it won't be a complete shock to the system. It's the dry heat that will be the big shock. You would think that, having grown up in the driest state in the driest continent on earth, that I would be used to the dry heat. But I never did anything crazy like training for a 5km race let alone an Ironman while I lived in Adelaide...

On the flip side, today's weather in Tempe looked kinda nice, partly cloudy and 65F... except for the 31mph winds with gusts up to 38mph... crikey! The inaugural Ironman Arizona (in 2005) had 20mph winds with gusts up to 30mph. Then it was hot (mid-90's) in 2006. I wonder what 2007 will have in store for us?

No comments: