3.21.2007

A strange but great morning

This morning has been good so far, although a little different from my usual workday routine!

Got up and swam at Barton Springs this morning - swam 3200m (8 laps) - got smoked by my super fast husband. Somehow I swim slower with a wetsuit. Kinda frustrating, but I'm hoping if I keep working on it in the next few weeks I'll adjust to the wetsuit and get my nice, decently fast, stroke back. But it was fantastic to see Gordon gliding past me (even if I was madly jealous!).

Was going to swim 4000m, but had to get out and take a conference call. Sat on the grass at Barton Springs while on a customer call. A beautiful, pleasantly cool and overcast morning, outside with nature, on a call. It was terrific.

Now I'm sitting at Austin Java. Just had a couple of breakfast tacos, about to get another cup of coffee. It's still nice outside. I'm using their free wireless access and working. It's very relaxing. I should do this more often!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Ohhh, that sounded like a great morning. I'm jealous! I wish I could work from Panera in the morning... except I have to make sure my employees show up to work!

Also, way to go, Gordon!