8.05.2007

Truly back into the swing of things ...

Gordon and I raced "Jack's Generic Triathlon" today. It was our first race since the Ironman back in April. Since April we haven't been working out that much - in fact, the first couple of months were very lazy and this past month we have started picking things up again but on a much smaller scale than Arizona training. We're both pretty excited to be back into training and today at Jack's we were reminded how much fun (pain/sweat/hard-work) it is to do a race. The adrenaline, pushing yourself hard physically and mentally, and of course the camaraderie and socializing with our T3 training posse.

Jack's Generic has also become our annual "head to head". Last year I won bragging rights, and despite the fact that I think nearly everyone in our training group wanted Gordon to win, I managed to pull off another win again this year!

Both of us were a couple of minutes slower than last year, but given the lack of recent training we were both pretty stoked to have done so well. I didn't come away with any hardware this year (last year I won my age group) - I ended up 4th in my age group this year, even with the same time as last year it would have only been good enough for 3rd ... it was definitely a tougher showing this year.

It was a fun race and a fun day and I'm even more motivated to get back into full training. We both have a half ironman in early October, so time to get some long runs and long bike rides under our belt!

By the way, I think summer is officially here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I found your blog while reading Ironman stuff on the internet (I am training for Florida). It was really inspiring to read about your Ironman finish. I live in Mobile, AL now but am originally from New Braunfels (pretty close to Austin).


Keep up the interesting posts!
Beth