7.07.2008

Awesome 40/10 final pre-race brick!

Saturday I did my final pre-race brick, a 40mi ride followed by a 10mi run in the Circle C neighbourhood. Gordon was my awesome support crew and created a mobile water stop for me along the run route. He even beeped the horn and shouted encouragement... thanks Gordon! It meant a lot to have you out there supporting me.

The weather was humid and cloudy and not too hot. The ride was awesome and I actually had a really good run - not awesome - but really good. Although my legs took about 20min to get into the running groove, they did loosen up and I managed to feel good. Circle C isn't a really hilly neighbourhood but there are definitely some gradual inclines that can make it a little tough.

A great final big workout for me, and huge confidence boost leading into LP. Only 13 days to go!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Awesome! Good luck, girl... I can't wait to hear how your 2nd IM goes!