7.19.2008

T -16 hours

I am loving my time in Lake Placid. It is a beautiful area of the country and I feel very privileged to be doing my second Ironman here. I like that it's so different from Arizona and although true inspiration can only come from within, I'm sure I will find some of it lurking out there on the course - in the small towns that we pass through on the bike that will be full of cheering spectators, the long climbing uphills that are almost always followed by a refreshing downhill, the lushness of the landscape, my family waiting for me as I come back into town on each bike and run loop, cheering wildly, and my family and friends cheering me on from afar. I can't wait! Yet I am also wildly nervous.

You'll be able to follow me on www.ironmanlive.com - they'll have the race coverage up for IMUSA and you'll be able to "track an athlete". Just search for me under my name or you can use my bib number - 2096. The page should update when I finish the swim, each loop of the bike (there are two) and probably halfway point on the run, then the finish. You should also be able to get a live video feed of me crossing the finish line!

Gordon is also going to update his twitter feed, linked at the top of the page. Now it's time for some final relaxation, a call to Mum and Dad this evening and an early night. Thanks to everyone for all of your support and friendship. I'll be thinking of you while I'm out there tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go girl
Our thoughts and love are with you


Mum and Dad

Anonymous said...

Wooo!!! What an accomplishment - your second one!! Congrats on finishing! =) Next thing you know, you'll be in Hawaii.