11.11.2006

Turning wurst into pretty darn good

Saturday we did the annual Wurst Ride from Austin to New Braunfels. The ride promises a mostly flat 100km course, great rest stops, beer and sausage at the finish line, and tickets to the annual German festival "Wurstfest". Despite all this, the ride has some unpleasant memories for me. Last year it was warm, in-your-face windy, I fell at mile 50 and Gordon was off taking photos in Big Bend so I had no-one to take care of me! I was sore for at least a week.

The goal for this year's ride: Replace unpleasant memories with good ones... check!

Saturday morning. It was chilly, there was a tail wind for the most part, I got to ride with Gordon, met a fellow T3'er called Valerie and rode with her as well, and I DIDN'T FALL! In fact, the course changed this year and we never rode past the spot I fell at last year. We had a great ride, held a good solid pace, we ate sausage, we drank a beer, we sat in the shade by the river, then we caught the bus home. It was fun.

1 comment:

Lulu said...

It was great seeing you guys out at Wrustfest Sat!! I am glad you liked the ride better this year.