2.01.2007

Smooth and slippery

I just got back from 5:45am swim practice. It wasn't quite as chilly this morning, and the fog was spooky.

The swim workout this morning was excellent - 400m warm-up, lots of 100's (15 of them), 600m of swim/drills and 800m of pulling. I was easily holding 1:39 per 100
. Being in the draft definitely helped but I was surprised how easy the 1:39's felt. It seemed like everything fell into place today! I felt strong and smooth and slippery in the water.

Don't you just love a good swim workout?

3 comments:

Erin said...

Oh, yes! I had a good swim this morning too. After my break from swimming, I'm having to learn how again. I hope I can get those 1:39s soon, right now it's a spring just to get 1:44! :(

Amanda said...

Hi Erin, it won't take long before you get back into your stroke, and 1:44's are still good! I'm hoping to get down to 1:30's sometime this year... I think with some consistent swimming I should get there.

PS I tried to read your blog but it's not loading for some reason?

Unknown said...

I thought I was doing well, leading my lane at 1:45's for the 100s. No wonder I have to talk to you on your blog, I can't keep up when we are training!